Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Evil Editor

I've been a regular visitor to Evil Editor's blog for about a year and a half now. The time I spend reading the Face Lifts and the New Beginnings and the Q&As, and all the comments of the Minions, is time well spent, an investment in my writing, and always a great way to end the day. Laughing. To quote a brilliant man and incredibly talented writer, Stick and Move, reading Evil Editor is like smoking crack that makes you smart.

EE's wit is cutting at times, always cunning, and if Robin had it her way, cunnilinguistic, to make up a word. Not only am I entertained, but what I've learned is really hard to quantify. My writing is so much better now than it was when I stumbled upon the blog - I think I found it originally from Miss Snark's blog, which also entertained and educated me. My writing is tighter and more powerful. That doesn't mean it's good, necessarily, but I'm sure it doesn't suck as bad as it used to.

I don't know how much time EE devotes to his blog, but I know he's way under paid for it.

I do know EE stops by the blogs of his Minions occasionally, and maybe he's stopped by here. If so, he probably hasn't come back, since I only update this thing whenever the mood strikes me, which doesn't seem to be very often. However, EE, if you happen by, thank you for all that you do. If I were to meet you in person, I'd shake your hand, give you a soul brother hug, and offer to buy you the beverage of your choice.

Robin and Phoenix and Chris and the rest of the Minions on Evil Editor's blog did a bang up job with the two year anniversary party. EE was a frequent visitor to the comment section and all the Minions were posting comments. It was like being in a chatroom with the whole crew, and it was a chance to see a little bit more of some personalities, which is cool. Thanks Robin, Phoenix, Chris, Blogless T, and the rest of the folks that put in so much work on the blog and contests and prizes.

Pray for inspiration...

13 Comments:

At 8:55 PM , Blogger Robin S. said...

Oh, sweetie- this was wonderful to read!

And I'm in mini-shock that you actually blogged again.

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Blogless Troll said...

Yeah, that Stick and Move guy's friggin hysterical. He should hang out more.

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger Wonderwood said...

Thanks, Robin, I'm a little shocked myself. It's hard to write something interesting when you're brooding all the time, which is what I've been doing lately. I'm over it, though, and on to new paragraphs and such, so maybe I'll think of something interesting to write here.

BT! Yeah, that Stick guy comes up with some good one liners. Must be smoking something. That was a great contest, by the way, on the anniversary site. There were some really good ones by the Minions. I personally thought my simile about Spinach Tooth was better than Stick's, but I'm often wrong about such things and I defer to your better judgement.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Blogless Troll said...

Interesting you bring up Spinach Tooth. I first read all the entries in order, and since you posted your entry mere minutes before Stick, I was a little wary of the fact that I might have been greased for laughter when I read his, because I'd ready yours a second earlier. So I went back in the morning and read em all out of order, but that didn't help. Ultimately, I based it on Federal case law which states "Brevity is the soul of wit." or something like that. Even though rambling over the top paragraphs, such as your hilarious entry, make me laugh too. Maybe Stick'll loan you his copy of Deece's book when he's done.

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Robin S. said...

You two are mind-melding, aren't you?

 
At 11:08 AM , Blogger Robin S. said...

PS - How about a post sometime on golf?

With pics of you on the course?

 
At 5:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

BT, I checked with Stick, he's going to let me borrow Deece's book when he's done. Said it was the least he could do for a humble loser like me. What a guy.

Robin, that's a good idea, but this thing is such a pain in the ass to change photo's which is why I've still got the same old pic for an avatar. I'll try to get motivated to make a change, though. I'm tired of looking at this pic every time I make a post.

I'm at my Dad's house in north Georgia this weekend. I keep thinking the phrase "popping green and juicy" because it is so green in north Georgia right now. I love the landscape here. I hope y'all are having a nice weekend.

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Robin S. said...

Hey, sweetie- cool that you felt the popping green and juicy!
Thanks, honey, for saying that.
Hope you had a wonderful time!

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Wonderwood said...

Man, they changed blogger since the last time I put my pic in as my avatar. If I'd have known they made it easy, I would have put this pic up a long time ago. Par 3 at Chateau Elan, in Braselton, GA. 7 iron. Beautiful.

 
At 4:56 AM , Blogger Robin S. said...

Hey- you changed it!

Love it.

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger Blogless Troll said...

Dude, I totally tagged you.

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Wonderwood said...

Okay, BT, I'll play your game. I'll have to brood on it a while, though.

 
At 7:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home