Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Same Old Story

It just keeps getting better, doesn't it? Banks buying jets with the bailout money. Wall Street brokerage houses paying out billions in bonuses while their customers wonder how they're ever going to retire with what's left of their investment portfolio. Governors selling Senate seats to the highest bidder.

And now the leaders we've elected can't seem to find anyone to help them run the country, because none of the people they want to appoint have paid their fucking taxes. Our elected leaders go on a rampage about how irresponsible the Wall Street millionaires are, meanwhile all their friends are holding out on Uncle Sam.

Give. Me. A. Break.

Aren't there any good guys left? Isn't there anyone who knows how to do the right thing? You know, just normal everyday things, like not humping your intern and paying your fucking taxes. Isn't there anyone we can look to and see hope?

Take the bible thumpers out. Liars and hypocrites. Don't look to the corporate executive ranks, they're thieves and cheaters. Athletes? Thugs and wannabes. The Arts? Come on.

I don't care if someone smoked a joint at some point in their life. In fact, it's probably better if they have. But show me some common sense, huh? If you're a politician, you live in a high profile world. Take care of your business, okay? Do the right thing and pay your taxes.

Okay, that's enough. I need to watch a funny movie or something. Reality pisses me off.

6 Comments:

At 7:11 PM , Blogger Blogless Troll said...

Amen brother.

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Blogless Troll said...

This is an interesting read. But it'll piss you off.

Here's the news story that goes with it.

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Robin B. said...

Oh yeah.

And I'm so glad to see you doin' a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Wonderwood said...

BT, that guy is something else, isn't he? He's got balls, I'll give him that. I think the FBI should hire him, right from his jail cell. Who says working for the FBI and going to jail are mutually exclusive? Deduct a nickle an hour from the fines he should be assessed, hook up a computer in his jail cell, and let him do his thing.

Robin! How are ya? I've been spending my writing time on the WIP. It's coming along at a pretty good pace these last few days. How's your thing going?

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger Sarah Laurenson said...

Hey Wood. I hear you!

Great post!

 
At 4:49 AM , Blogger GutterBall said...

This is why I don't watch the news. If I wanna get pissed off or horribly depressed, I'll watch a chick flick.

Which is why I also don't watch chick flicks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home